This tutorial will teach you how to install/ flash your Samsung Galaxy S with Android 4.0.4 ICS333 custom ROM.
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 has been a very successful smartphone. This proved by the fact the beginner of this Android series is still owned and used by many people, all around the world. It has been sold at a decent price and it offered quite a lot of performance, at its time. Much of that performance is still enough to run most of the today applications. Therefore, we cannot wonder anymore why so many custom ROM’s are being developed for this device.
Because today Android 4.0.4 is a must when it comes to the latest OS editions coming from Google, the old Galaxy S had also received its own custom firmware, too. We are talking here about ICS333 which has been inspired from the latest official update of Ice Cream Sandwich and also from other popular un-official ROM’s like CM9 and AOKP.
After install/ flashing ICS333, you will be provided with some useful features, which deserve to be mentioned here. Let’s start with the new power menu which offers reboot, recovery and screenshot options, a software TV-Out option, the control of the display brightness which can be accessed from the status and notifications bars; a new feature will allow you to stop a specific app while holding the back key; the battery status will be indicated by using numbers; some pre-install/ flashed applications will be delivered in ICS333 ROM: OI File Manager and Barcode Scanner; a quite big list of APN’s will already by delivered in this new ROM, too; the hosts file has been adapted so that the ads to stop being displayed in different applications etc.
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you have to know that, if applied on a different device except Galaxy S i9000, this procedure might brick it. Also, we highly recommend you to start with this tutorial after you are completely aware of the risks it might pose over your smartphone. Our team is not responsible for the results of this procedure.
Also, because ICS333 ROM is not an official one, some bugs have been spotted in its operation on the a/m device. You won’t be able to save your backup files in the servers which are being put at our disposal by Google and, also, there are moments when the mobile data and silent buttons are not working properly.
How To Install/ flash Android 4.0.4 ICS On Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (ICS333) ?
1. Backup all the data in your device, including the internet data connection settings, contacts, videos, pictures, music etc.
2. The SIM Card lock should be de-activated. In order to accomplish this task you have to access the Settings menu, tap on Location and Security, and make sure that the Sim card lock option is not checked.
3. Install/ flash the official value pack for your Galaxy S (XXJW4). After the install/ flashation has been done, root it.
4. Install/ flash ClcokWorkMod recovery if you haven’t done this, yet.
5. Download ICS333 Custom ROM for Galaxy S;
6. Also, we recommend you to download the official Google applications package from here.
7. The two zip files which have been downloaded according to the above mentioned steps need now to be transferred on the SDcard of your phone. Make sure you place them in the root of this storage device, and not in any other folder.
8. Shut down your device
9. Boot it in the CLockWorkMod recovery console. If you don’t know how to do that, just simultaneously hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button. This will insert your phone into the recovery console., Here, you have to use the volume keys in order to navigate through the menu of this console.
10. In this recovery console apply the following option: wipe data/ factory reset
11. After the above mentioned feature has finished its action, you have to select the install/ flash zip from SDcard and head to the root folder of your memory device. Then sect the custom ROM file.
12. The install/ flashation of ICS333 ROM (Android 4.0.4) will start on your Samsung Galaxy S;
13. The same action needs to be taken for the Google applications. Proceed as per step 11 of this tutorial but, instead of selecting the custom Rom file, you have to select the Google apps package.
This is the entire tutorial you need to follow in order install/ flash ICS333 Android 4.04 on your Samsung Galaxy S. If you have any questions, you can post them here by using the below mentioned comment form.