The Samsung Galaxy S is among the unprivileged devices that will not receive the latest Android ROM: 4.0 ICS. But that doesn’t mean users can’t enjoy new firmware versions, even tough they are custom ROMs. The XDA developers community has been working night and day to give the owners of one of the most popular smartphones ever, the Galaxy I9000, a little bite of Ice Cream Sandwich. Today we present to you the latest of its kind: the AOMP ROM with TouchWiz 4 UI integration. This firmware was built especially for the TouchWiz fans and we will explain in the following tutorial how to download and install AOMP on the Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
What you need to know and do before downloading and installing the AOMP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000:
- note that onebitzero.com will not be held responsible for any damage you might do to your device while and after you install AOMP ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Installing a new firmware to an Android device requires caution, so please continue at your own risk!
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S I9000 to 100%, to be on the safe side.
- back-up all relevant data like messages, contacts, multimedia files and internet settings on your device.
Enough with the small talk, let’s get to business!
How to install AOMP ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S I9000, step by step tutorial:
- the fist step depends on the ROM you currently have on your device. If you already have an ICS based custom ROM, like CM7 or MIUI, you can skip step two and go directly to step 3.
- if you Galaxy S is still on Gingerbread, the developer recommends that you first install one of the above mentioned ROMs and then proceed with installing AOMP. You can search Google for tutorials on how to install CyanogenMod 7 on your device. The procedure is simple. Complete the installation and go to step 3.
- Install Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) on you Galaxy S I9000. You can find a tutorial on our site: Tutorial – How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Android.
- Go to the developer’s page and download the latest version of the AOMP firmware.
- Connect the device to your computer via the USB cable.
- Transfer the zip file to the internal memory of the Galaxy S.
- Turn off the device and boot into Clockworkmod recovery. To boot into CWM, press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
- Once in CWM recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset”>”Yes”.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”>”choose zip from sdcard”. Now you have to navigate to the file you copied on your internal SD card at step 6 and select it. As usual, in recovery mode, navigate using the Volume keys and select with the Power key.
- One last “Yes” and the process will start.
- IMPORTANT: While installing the ROM, the phone will boot reboot in recovery mode. Do not panic, this is normal.
- Once the installation process is over, select “go back”>“reboot system now”.