InsertCoin custom Rom is the latest firmware for the HTC flagship, One X. Powered by a quad core 1.5 Ghz Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, the above mentioned device is, at the moment, the best Android smartphone money can buy and this might be the reason why it gets so many ROMs over night. But InsertCoin is not just any custom ROM. It has a well established reputation in the Android community and, in the following article we will teach you how to install it on the HTC One X. Please make sure you follow the below step by step tutorial and you will most certainly have no issue with your precious handset.
What you need to know and do before downloading and installing InsertCoin ROM on the HTC One X:
- note that onebitzero.com will not be held responsible for any damage you might do to your device while and after you install InsertCoin ROM on the HTC One X. Installing a new firmware on an Android device requires caution, so please continue at your own risk!
- charge the battery of your One X to 100%, to be on the safe side.
- back-up all relevant data like messages, contacts, multimedia files and internet settings on your device.
How to install Android InsertCoin ROM on the HTC One X, step by step tutorial:
- Download the latest InsertCoin firmware from here to your computer.
- Officially unlock the bootloader on your phone using this site.
- Now you have to install the 1.26 firmware following this tutorial on the XDA developers site.
- Transfer the zip file you downloaded in step 1 to the internal SD card of your One X.
- Install Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) on you HTC device. You can find a tutorial on our site: How To Root HTC One X (ClockWorkMod Recovery And SuperSU). This how-to material teaches you how to root your One X too, but if you follow only steps 3 to 6, you will just install CWM.
- With your phone turned off, push the Volume Down button and then press the Power key. Select Recovery in order to access the ClockWorkMod Recovery.
- Once in CWM Recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset”>”Yes”.
- Select “install zip from sdcard” > ”choose zip from sdcard”. Now you have to navigate to the file you copied on your internal SD card at step 4 and select it. Usually, in Recovery Mode, you navigate using the Volume keys and select with the Power key but don’t forget you are in Touch ClockWorkMod Recovery at the moment so you can use your touchscreen for selecting.
- One last “Yes – Install XXX.zip” and the process will start.
- IMPORTANT: While installing the ROM, the phone will boot reboot in Recovery mode. Do not panic, this is normal. DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY!
- Once the installation process is over, select “go back”>“reboot system now”.