We will see today how to unlock an HTC Titan.
HTC wants his Titan model to enter in the premium league. Therefore, HTC Titan is equiped with Windows Phone 7.5 Mango and with an impressive 4,7 inches 800 x 480 display. It is built around a Qualcomm 8255 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz and helped by an Adreno 220 GPU.
With the HTC Titan, the Taiwan based manufacturer did not forget to place a front 1,3 megapixel camera sensor for video calls and an 8 megapixel photo-camera on its back. The photo shooting experience is helped buy a LED Flash. HTC Titan has an amount of RAM memory of 512 MB and 16 GB as storage memory. Also, it does not miss the WiFi technology, Bluetooth, GPS and DLNA (an equivalent standard for HDMI). Other features like compass, gyroscope or light sensor make HTC Titan a very practical smartphone. The 1600 mAh battery provides a good autonomy and together with it, HTC Titan weighs 160 grams.
HTC Titan is taking advantage of the new development opportunities offered by Microsoft with Windows Phone 7.5 for developing applications dedicated to photos, including an editing program or a utility needed to make slideshows.
How to Unlock HTC Titan?
I know what is your main problem with smartphones like HTC Titan. You buy them from a network provider because the price is better. I know…I do the same. But, in this case you are limited of using these phones only in that network. And that’s not so pleasant. We have received a lot of questions on how to unlock HTC Titan. Therefore I will write this article explaining how to do that.
You have two options for unlocking your HTC Titan. Either to go to a service center (other than the one of your home network, as they would not want to hear about this) and ask a specialist to unlock your HTC Titan or you could do it yourself. If you choose the first option I must admit that that’s the easiest. But it is not the safest. Usually, the experts need to open phones in order to update their software. Or they will just change its software version. Both of these methods will void the warranty of your brand new HTC Titan. And you don’t want that. If you will unlock yourself your HTC Titan, the warranty will not be lost and you will pay less for this procedure.
When you insert in your HTC Titan a SIM Card which has not been provided by the network where you bought your phone, you will get some error messages saying something like: the network is forbidden, sim card not allowed or network not allowed or just a simple network error. This is happening because your HTC Titan is locked in your home network. After that messages you may have seen that an unlock code is requested. This is a simple code that will unlock your HTC Titan.
But before the steps you need to follow in order to unlock your HTC Titan, please take a memont and try to remember if you have ever entered an unlock code in your smartphone, when trying to log in an other network. I must warn you that if you did that too many times your HTC Titan might not let you insert another unlock code. This might happen because you have limited attempts for inserting unlock codes. If you have never did that on your HTC Titan then following the below mentioned steps will unlock your smartphone.
You must know that the following process will completely unlock your HTC Titan but it is not completely free. Anyway the price you will pay for getting the unlock code may be smaller than the one requested at a service center.
1. Go to cellunlocker.net and access the HTC page in the left side menu.
2. You will find a form here which you have to complete with the requested information:
- in the device field you have to select HTC Titan;
- at the network field you have to select your network provider (Verizon, T-mobile, Vodafone, Sprint, AT&T, Orange, Cingular, O2 … whatever your home network is). If it is not listed here, select your region;
- in the IMEI field you have to insert the IMEI code of your HTC Titan. Note that each phone has its own IMEI. This is like the number plates of your car. IT is needed to differentiate each phone. IMEI is usually a long code, with letters and numbers, which is written on the back of your phone, right on the sticker under the battery. But there is a more simple way to find it out: Dial *#06#, as you were dialing a phone number. Now, the IMEI will be displayed on the screen of your HTC Titan.
3. Continue to insert your data in the cellunlocker forms. Please make sure you enter your correct mail address, as the unlock code for your HTC Titan will be sent at that address.
4. At the end of completing the forms on the a/m site, you will receive an email with the unlock code at the e-mail address you have inserted.
5. Now you have to insert in your HTC Titan a SIM card which is not sold by the network prvider from where you bought your phone. It is preferable to insert a the SIM card from the network you will use in the future. You need to do this in order for your HTC Titan to ask for the unlock code of that network. It will do that immediately after you start it with the new SIM card in it.
6. Now go to your mail, open the message from cellunlocker and insert the provided unlock code in your HTC Titan.
Now you found out how to unlock your HTC Titan. Please note, that starting this moment it will be able to log in other networks than your home one. And this thing will be permanently
For what reasons should I unlock my HTC Titan?
The first reason which comes in my head is that having an unlocked HTC Titan you will be able to benefit from the offers of other networks, too.
Another reason for which you should consider to use an unlock code on your HTC Titan is the fact that it will have a higher value when you will decide to sell it.
If you are staying for a longer period of time in a foreign country then you will be needed to unlock your HTC Titan because communicating in that country would be cheaper using a local network.
One certain thing that would make me unlock my HTC Titan with an unlocking code is that I wouldn’t be so happy letting my smartphone and my personal data whit it, in the hands of an unknown specialist. It would be very comfortable for me to unlock my HTC Titan at my own desk.
What are the riscs if I unlock my HTC Titan?
There is absolutely no risc. Your HTC Titan waranty will not be voided, nor some new firmware or any other software you have installed will be lost if you use an unlock code.