Find out how to unlock any iPhone baseband. It doesn’t matter what iOS version you have installed. The device needs to be jailbroken, however.
We have just announced you that a new unlock solution for our iPhones has been created. Now it is time to provide you with more details regarding this new procedure. This unlock solution will work only on just one SIM card. Therefore, you will have to repeat this unlock process on each SIM that you will be using. As a consequence, you have to consider which one of your multiple SIM cards (if you have more than one) will be used frequently.
The SAM unlock solution will work on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, no matter what baseband these devices have. The following operating systems are compatible with this unlock procedure, too: iOS 5.0, iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 5.1. iPhone 4S still has no jailbreak solution because it is powered by iOS 5.1. However, we are pretty sure that the unlocking process will work on it, too.
It is important to save the unlock ticket after accomplishing the below mentioned tutorial. In the end of this guide, you will also find the steps you need to follow in order to save that ticket, too. By accomplishing this last action, you will be able to apply it in the future again, no matter what iOS version Apple will release.
It also doesn’t matter from where you have bought your iPhone this unlock method will work. However, you should know that your device should work on GSM networks. Also, in order to accomplish the below mentioned procedure, your iPhone needs to be jailbroken. Please use the search function on pur site in order to find the appropriate jailbreak procedure for your iPhone. Or, you could follow the below mentioned links, too:
How To Unlock Any iPhone Baseband (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S running on iOS 5, 5.01, 5.1), using SAM
1. Open Cydia and head to the Sources menu. Add the following repo: repo.bingner.com. From there you need to install Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Articficial Module). SAM developers are saying that this repo should be used because that is the place where you will find the latest version of this tweak.
2. Insert the SIM card in your iPhone. Obviously, this will be that SIM card which you need to unlock through a ticket. Open SAM’s interface from Settings or just by using its icon which has been placed on the Springboard.
3. While being in SAM app, head to the Utilities area. Tap on the De-Activate iPhone field. After selecting this option you will notice that in the More Information field the Unactivated status.
4. Having your SAM activated, access the Method section and there you have to choose By Country and Carrier option. Choose your GSM carrier on which you will be using your unlocked iPhone. Some carriers are using several ID’s for their SIM cards and, therefore, it is important to use the SIM ID function if you will be using your device on such a network operator. Otherwise, iTunes will be will not unlock your device. In some cases the Auto Detect function will work. In other cases, choosing the network operator on which your iPhone is locked, will do the job. Unfortunately, it looks like everything depends on that specific carrier.
5. In the More Information area you have to look for SAM Details and write the IMSI number in a notepad file. You can also copy it in an iOS applications, too. Then tap on the Spoof Real SIM to SAM.
6. Head to the main menu in SAM and then choose the Method section. Tap on the Manual option and insert the IMSI number, which you have copied ion the previous step.
7. Now you need to connect your iPhone to the computer and make the regular iTunes activation. To be more precise, you have to disconnect your iPhone from the computer, close iTunes, reconnect the device, open again iTunes, and your iPhone should be automatically activated. In this step, it is very important to check if the ICCID that is being seen by iTunes is also correct for your SIM cards. In order to accomplish this task, you will have to access the menu which is placed in the upper part of your iTunes. There, you will find the followings: the name of the device, the iOS version, the phone number etc. Using your mouse, click on the telephone number and you will be seeing the ICCD which has been saved by iTunes. Then you have to check if the same ICCID is being written on your SIM card. If they are not the same, then this entire tutorial needs to be restarted.
8. Disconnect your device from the computer. Close iTunes and head to the SAM menu in order to de-activate it.
9. Reconnect your iPhone to the computer, open iTunes, and this application will tell you that it cannot activate your device. This error appears because you have de-activated SAM.
10. Close iTunes and open it again. Now, everything should be OK and your iPhone should already register in the new network. Unfortunately the PUSH notifications won’t work, therefore, from the SAM menu you have to choose the Clear Push option and re-connect your device to iTunes.
Now your iPhone is unlocked but this is not the end of this procedure. That’s because this method can be blocked by Apple and if you will not follow the below mentioned steps you won’t be able to unlock your device in the future. The following steps are needed in order to manually save the unlock ticket of the SIM Card you have just used in the a/m tutorial. This will let you use it on whatever baseband Apple will release.
1. After the unlock procedure of your iPhone has ended, connect your iPhone to the computer and open an application with which you will be able to browse through the system files. For this task we recommend you to use ifunbox, iPhone Explorer or any other similar tool.
2. After logging in the system files follow this path: /var/root/Library/Lockdown/. From that place you have to copy all the files and save them in your computer. They are extremely important because you will use them in order to unlock your SIM card, in the future, no matter what iOS version will be installed on your iPhone.
This is the entire tutorial on how to unlock any kind of iPhone baseband, using the SAM tweak. If you have questions, you can use the below comment form in order to post them here.