In the tablets market iPad is an uncontested leader for the moment. But will things change in the future?! Could Android outsiders, like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, become main competitors for the iPad?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a great product, which partly explains the legal war Apple started against Samsung in multiple countries.
For all those who were able to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, I suggest a detailed tutorial, with an explicit methodology which will make your tablet one of the most comprehensive and effective on the Web. The credit of the art goes to an XDA member, and the tutorial is presented as a summary of a tutorial available on XDA, which has been posted by djR3Z. I found it enough to write a complete end-to-peak.
The interest of this tutorial is for you to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I never fail to warn you that the operation poses a risk: the damage to your tablet could appear if you don’t follow the exact steps of this article. Do not continue unless you know what you do and you are ready to accept the consequences.
Do not forget, before starting this process, make a backup of your data, photos, documents, sync contacts with Gmail and copy your 3G settings. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is fully charged, at least 70% to avoid interrupting the root process, or something else that could damage your equipment.
The root tutorial is valid for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi version only.
I. Install the drivers and connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
1. Download the file root.zip that contains all files and programs needed to complete this root process.
2. Extract the files (a total of 5) in a folder on your desktop
3. Open the folder in step 2 and install the ” GT-p7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape.exe ”
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Settings> Applications > Development> USB Debugging)
5. Switch off your device by performing a long press on the Power button and select POWER OFF.
6. Start your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Download mode. To do so, performs a long press on Volume (-) (Volume button on the left) and at the same time on Power ON / OFF until the appearance of two icons (a logo tab 10.1 and a Galaxy Let Go). Then press the Volume (+) (Volume button to the right) to activate the Download.
7. Connect your device with your computer (Windows) via an USB cable.
II. Flash the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with a Custom Recovery
1. Run ” Odin3_v1.85.exe “found in the previously downloaded file.
2. Click on PDA and browse the same folder to find ” recovery-cwm_18.104.22.168-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5 “. Select the file and click on START.
3. When finished, close the program.
III. Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
1. Disconnect the USB cable from your Galaxy tab 10.1
2. Disable USB Debbugging on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Settings> Applications > Development> USB Debugging)
3. Connect the USB cable back to your shelf
4. Transfer the file “Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip”, found in the previously downloaded file in the root of the SD card of your shelf (or in a folder or subfolder)
5. Switch off your device by performing a long press Power button and select POWER OFF
6. Start your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Recovery mode. To do so, performs a long press Volume (-) (Volume button on the left) and at the same time Power ON / OFF until the appearance of two icons (a logo tab Galaxy 10.1 and let go). Then press Volume (-) (Volume button on the left) to select the icon to the left and then press the Volume (+) to select Recovery.
7. Once done, you’ll notice that you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, if not return to Section 2 to reinstall the ClockworkMod Recovery.
8. In the options, use the volume keys to select browse and Power ” Install zip from SD card “then select” Choose zip from SD card “.
9. Browse the SD card from the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and select the ” Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip “and confirm” Yes – Install … ” with the Power Button.
10. The process hass begun, wait a few minutes for your Root process to take place on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
11. At the end of the process you must receive a message which looks like: ” Install from sdcard complete . ”
12. Always use the volume buttons to select Go Back and confirm with Power.
13. Power Click to select “Restart Now”
14. That’s all, the root process on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has ended.
I hope the tutorial was good enough for you and allowed you to have root on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.