Find out how to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 which runs on Android ICS 4.0.3 XXLPB ROM.
After the tutorial for flashing the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM which has leaked from Samsung, now we will teach you how to root it.
The tool which will be used in this tutorial is prepared by ChaineFire, an experienced developer on XDA. The tool is suitable for beginners. It allows you to root your unit without changing too much the Kernel of your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100, providing, in this way, high compatibility. It introduces the Root, BusyBox and SuperUser application.
The scope of this tutorial is to allow you, with a few clicks, to flash your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with Android 4.3.0 XXLPB. I never fail to warn you that the operation poses a risk because your smartphone culd be damaged. The warranty of your smartphone could be lost, also. Do not continue unless you know what you do and if you are willing to accept the consequences because our team will be not responsible in case the process does not follow its normal course.
If the firmware of your i9100 Galaxy S2 is different from XXLPB ( Android ICS 4.0.3) do not use this tutorial. Those with a version other than what we have stated above should first make the transition to XXLPB. Here’s the link to our tutorial .
Make sure your Galaxy S i9100 can enter Download Mode via the key combination (long press on Volume Down + Home + Power on / off ). This is a necessary step to continue the process.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 With Android ICS 4.0.3 (XXLPB)
1. Unzip the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXX_LPB-v5.2-CWM5.zip on your desktop or any location which can be easy for you to remeber.
2. Disconnect your smartphone from your PC, if connected.
3. Start ODIN ( download from here )
4. Click PDA and select the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXX_LPB-v5.2-CWM5. tar, which has been downloaded in step 1
5. Enable USB Debugging option in the settings (Settings> Applications> Development> USB Debugging) then turn off your Galaxy SII
6. Put the i9100 Galaxy S2 in Download mode with the same key combination described above.
7. Connect your device via USB cable; it should be recognized immediately by ODIN; if not install the drivers of your Samsung Galaxy SII (If everything is OK, the first square in the upper left has the yellow color)
8. Make sure the distribution box, which is placed just below the square, is not checked (very important)
9. Click Start and wait until your device restarts
This was the entire process you will need to follow in order to root your Samsung Galaxy S2, using XXLPB Android ICS 4.0.3 version of firmware. It is convenient, fast and simple.
The credit for this root method goes to ChaineFire on XDA .
If you have any questions or impressions on “How To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 With Android ICS 4.0.3 (XXLPB)” tutorial, please contact us using the below form.