The Samsung Galaxy S2 is another success of the Korean company. To help all those who have fallen under the spell of the Samsung Galaxy S2, to have the privileges of a root, I’m posting this tutorial that explains in simple and detailed procedure for a Samsung Galaxy SII Rooter.
There are certain prerequisites for this Root process . The procedure described in this tutorial is valid for the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 is according to the international model of the Galaxy SII. So before you continue reading the tutorial make sure that you have actually is a Galaxy SII GT i9100. To do this, go to settings “About phone” section “Model Number”. If this is not the case, this tutorial is not for you and you have to find another that fits your model.
This tutorial is specifically concerned with the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 firmware (firmware) XXKH3. So you should check that you have this version of firmware to use the process described below. To make sense of this root tutorial that requires the version of firmware XXKH3 we posted last week a tutorial that explains the method of flashing a Galaxy SII with this firmware , XXKH3. So we invite people who do not have this version of firmware to see our tutorial [ well detailed tutorial to flash the Galaxy SII i9100 with the latest firmware, 2.3.4 Android XXKH3 ] before following the process described below. To ensure that you have the correct firmware , go to settings, then in “version of the base band.”
The interest of this tutorial is to allow you, with a few clicks to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. I never fail to warn of the danger of the operation, which may damage your Smartphone when missteps. So the root process and its risks are in your responsability
- USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. They are normally supplied with the CD manager Kies, if not use the drivers side ( 32-bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows ). The important thing is that your Smartphone is detected by your PC.
- ODIN3 v1.85
Actions to be taken before starting the process of Rootage
- Make a backup of all your data, SMS, contacts, photos, videos on an external SD card.
- Take notes of your settings for MMS and 3G connections
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 is loaded
- Download the zip file CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KH3-v4.1-CWM4.zip . [Size: 6.08 MB]
- Unzip the file below, you must have a file with a. Tar [CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KH3-v4.1-CWM4.tar]. The unpacked file might look like a zip, but in reality it is not. Important: Do not unzip the file. tar .
- Download ODIN3 v1.85, you must have two files and Odin3 v1.85.exe Odin3.ini. Keep them both.
- Turn off your Galaxy SII i9100 and Put Mode Download (holding down Volume Down + Home + Power on / off).
- Start Odin3 v1.85.exe in administrator mode, it is a utility for your Smartphone Rooter.
- Connect your Smartphone, still mode Download via USB to your PC. ODIN3 v1.85 must recognize your Smartphone. In the first box, the small rectangle is the color yellow and down in the box you need to have messages Added “Added” [For the Galaxy SII i9100 is recognized by your computer, you must install the drivers for the Galaxy with IBS software provided by Samsung or via the links given above].
- Click on PDA and browse the same folder above and choose CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KH3-v4.1-CWM4.tar
- Make sure the box “Re-Score” is not checked by cons leave the other two boxes checked “Reboot and Auto F. Reset Time.
- If everything is as stated above, click START
- ODIN Flash Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with CF Kernel-Root. When finished, your Smartphone will reboot (the process takes 3 to 5 min). Once the Galaxy SII logo appears, you can disconnect your Smartphone
- Restarting the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 is a sign that the process has passed, ODIN also shows PASS.
That was the entire procedure you need to follow in order to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. To ensure you will find the application surperuser.
If you like, please share this tutorial to the benefit of many other people.
The credit of this root procedure belongs to Chainfire of XDA.