This tutorial will teach you how to root your Android 2.3.5 Motorola RAZR XT910.
The incredibly thin Motorola RAZR XT910 smartphone is a true technological wonder, thinner than any other smartphone,elegant and prestigious, with detailed carved glass and aluminum diamond-shaped look on its case. The thinness does not equal with the more fragile theory. The phone is enhanced with KEVLAR ® which ensures extreme resistance, while the Gorilla Glass protects the screen from bumps and scratches. And if it falls over some coffee or water, every piece of Motorola RAZR is protected by a spray-resistant coating. The MotoCast is already integrated into your Motorola RAZR XT910 smartphone , which allows you to stream music, movies and more other stuff on your PC. It can access your favorite playlists or browse the gallery without filling up your phone memory.
The Motorola RAZR XT910 smartphone has an exceptional quality that stands out for for its elegant design, but above all, it provides the small thickness of just 7.1 mm. Also interesting is the Super AMOLED QHD touchscreen display and 4.3 inches diagonal with a resolution of 540×960 pixels. Motorola RAZR XT910 has 1.2 GHz dual core processor , 1 GB RAM, Android 2.3 operating system, HSDPA, HSUPA and LTE, Wi-Fi and DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, 8 megapixel camera with LED flash, Full HD video, 2 megapixel secondary camera, GPS, media player, radio, HDMI port, access to social networks and 16 GB of internal memory, expandable with microSD up to 32 GB.
Motorola RAZR XT910 in detail
As we mentioned above the display on this smartphone is excellent. Because it is large (4.3 inches) it will offer outstanding video experience and also will allow you to run the most demanding applications, from the point of view of the display. The 16 million colors together with the big 540 x 960 pixels resolution in Motorola RAZR XT910 provides an outstanding experience while watching an HD movie. Multi touch input method is also available.
When looking at the hardware configuration of the new Motorola RAZR XT910 we must admit that this is an Android champion. 1.2 GHZ dual-core Cortex A9 CPU together with POWERVR SGX540 GPU, TI OMAP 4430 chipset will grant absolute perfoance when it comes to process any kind of application. The RAM memory of 1GB will help, too. And because this Android smartphone will run a lot of applications, Motorola RAZR XT910 is coming with 16 GB internal memory and a card slot through which this can be expanded up to 32 GB.
Nothing can be reproached when talking about the connectivity side on Motorola RAZR XT910. It comes with WiFi, 4.0 bluetooth, micro SD card slot and 4G data connection.
When it comes to camera Motorola RAZR XT910 is not disappointing either. That’s because the 8 MP sensor is doing a great job as long you don’t expect to be a profession photo camera. It is being helped in night conditions by a LED flash and also, it comes with some new technologies like face detection and image stabilization which will make your photo experience easier.
Android V2.3.5 is an excellent operating system so the Motorola RAZR XT910 already comes with it. Some valuable applications are already installed: Google Maps, Search, Gmail Youtube, Picasa, video player, audio player etc.
How to Root Motorola RAZR XT910
I would like to begin this tutorial while explaining what is a root process. It creates a super-user account inside the Android system of your Motorola RAZR XT910. With this account you will be able to unistall those annoying applications which your phone comes with by default. Also, after root, you will be able to install those applications which are not available in the Android Market. Having a root on your Motorola RAZR XT910 you will also be able to tweak some hardware settings on it.
Another great advantage which is provided by a root process on your Motorola RAZR XT910 is coming from the fact that it will not let your phone to become lazy. You know that Android, like most of the other operating systems, tends to become slow because of the multitude of apps which are being installed.
Sometimes Android even crashes and you have to restart your Motorola RAZR XT910 in order to make it work properly. The reason is the same as described in the above mentioned paragraph. The solution, again, is to root your Motorola RAZR XT910.
There other small but important benefits coming from the root process on your Motorola RAZR XT910. For example you could install another keyboard on it. You would think that your smartphone already has a big display. But let’s imagine you are in a big hurry because you want to catch an airplane. And while searching the terminal you remember that you have to send one last e-mail. Then your Motorola RAZR XT910 screen will not be so big, as you would need it. The root is, again, the perfect solution for your Android smartphone.
I know that I have mentioned the most important benefits that a root will bring on your Motorola RAZR XT910, but I want to point some important details. Being rooted, your phone will allow you to uninstall some applications and widgets which are already delivered in your original configuration. And, for me, it’s important the fact that I would be able to install any application I want, without being limited to the ones which are available only in the android Market. Some users are happy because the root on their Motorola RAZR XT910 allow them to tweak their hardware configuration. Some of them have managed event to overclock the 1.2 GHz CPU in their Motorola RAZR XT910.
Motorola RAZR XT910 root tutorial
Because the root process can be harmful for your Motorola RAZR XT910 if it is not strictly followed I have some advises for you, before beginning:
– be patient and careful;
– make sure your Motorola RAZR XT910 has a fully charged battery and restart it before proceeding with this tutorial;
– this tutorial is a just suggestion. Some other Android 2.3 smartphones have been rooted successfully following this tutorial but we cannot guarantee that it will work on your Motorola RAZR XT910. The responsibility for the result of this root process is entirely yours.
– read this article until its end.
1. Download Odin application and extract the files from this archive on the hard drive of your computer;
2. Download XWKDD. The content of this archive should not be extracted;
4. Install on your computer the application provided by Motorola which is needed to make your RAZR XT910 communicate with your PC;
5. Restart your computer after installing the official Motorola application;
6. Your Motorola RAZR XT910 should be set on debugging mode. In order to do that, you should go to settings menu, then tap the applications menu and look for development. There you should be able to enable the debugging mode.
7. Your smartphone needs to be put in download mode;
8. Now you have to run Odin on your PC and connect your Motorola RAZR XT910 to the computer.
9. Odin will now see your smartphone. In its window check just the following two options: “F.Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot”.
10. Press the PDA button and select the XWKDD file (it is the one that you have downloaded at the second step in this tutorial). Press the Start button.
11. Now Odin is flashing the kernel of your Motorola RAZR XT910. The phone will restart adter this process is finished.
12. After your Motorola RAZR XT910 restarts, run SuperOneClick and click on the Root button. The root process will start. When finished, please reboot your Android smartphone.
This was the entire tutorial on how to root your Motorola RAZR XT910.
I strongly recommend you to be patient during this root tutorial. If this process will fail you have to allow your phone to recover its factory settings. Restart the root tutorial only after your Motorola RAZR XT910 has finished recovering the factory settings. Proceding in an other way you may brick your smartphone.
An extra attention should be given even after the root process has ended successfully. I am referring to the fact that you need to be very careful of the way you are benefiting of the freedom that the root process has given on your Motorola RAZR XT910. Always make sure you know what are the risks for your phone if you install/ uninstall something. Even if you will be able to tweak its hardware settings, please make sure you study a lot on how this will impact your phone working mode. A lot of information regarding the benefits and risks which a root brings on your Motorola RAZR XT910 can be found on XDA Forum.