In this tutorial you will learn how to download and install XWLP7 Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2.
Samsung Galaxy S2 has maybe the greatest success of all Android smartphones. Therefore, the Korean based company is always focusing on it, bringing the best updates. Even if it came on the market last year with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, many official firmware updates with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 have been released for this phone. The newest ROM that we have received for Galaxy S2 is XWLP7 and we are going to show you how to install it on your smartphone.
The new XWLP7 Android ICS 4.0 firmware has been designed for the Russian market. You still can install it even if you are not going to use your phone in the above mentioned country, but our personal recommendation is to use its international version, XXLPQ.
You should know that the new XWLP7 ROM will work only on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Trying to install it on any other device will not work and it might even damage your smartphone. The unsupported devices list includes also the US version og Galaxy S2, Epic 4G Touch, T-Mobile Galaxy S2, AT&T Galaxy S2, Skyrocket.
We haven’t created this tutorial, therefore all the credits go to Sammobile. Also, please note that we are not responsible for any damages that your Samsung Galaxy S2 could have after following this tutorial. However, there are small chances to damage it if the below mentioned steps are strictly accomplished.
Things you need in order to root your Samsung Galaxy S2
1. Backup. It is important to make copies of your most important data which is currently saved in your smartphone. During the root tutorial, much important information in your Samsung Galaxy S2 could be lost. You can use the below mentioned applications to save the data you have in your phone, as follows:
- We believe that the contacts from your agenda are very important for you, therefore, it would be a great idea to synchronize them with your Gmail application. This application will do the job.
- In order to save all your text messages and to be able to restore them, after finishing the root tutorial, we advise you to use this particular application.
- The videos, pictures and your music should be transferred from the internal memory of your Samsung Galaxy S2 to the SD card.
- If you have made some important phone calls lately and you haven’t saved the number, then this appwill do a backup of your call log
- Internet data connection settings, together with the MMS ones, should be written on a piece of paper. In order to find them, go to Applications menu, tap on Settings, enter the Wireless and Network sub-menu, access Mobile Networks and look into the Access Point Names so you could find out what are all your connection settings.
2. Another important aspect of this update with the official value pack tutorial is the availability of your device. It should never stop during this process. Otherwise it would be severely damaged. Therefore, we strongly advise you to recharge its battery completely.
3. Any antivirus which is installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 should now be disabled so it would not interfere with our root process.
4. USB debugging mode should be enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S2 in order to be able to install its official value pack. In order to activate this option, you need to access the Settings menu and head to the Application Development sub-menu. Here you will be tapping on ‘USB Debugging’ in order to activate it.
How To Install XWLP7 Android ICS 4.0 firmware On Samsung Galaxy S2
- Download XWLP7 Firmware Package on your computer. It’s 416 Mb large, so if you have a slow connection be patient.
- Extract this zip file and also download, install and open Odin.
- Restart your Samsung Galaxy S2 in Download Mode. To do this, shut down your device, press Volume Down + Center button and, while holding down these two keys, press the Power button. When the phone boots, you should be seeing a green droid in a triangle shape icon, this means that you have entered Download Mode. If you boot in standard mode, repeat the procedure.
- Once in Download mode, connect your Galaxy S2 to your computer. In Odin, the ID : COM section should turn yellow.
- In Odin, click on PDA and select file I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5. This file should had been unzipped from the file you downloaded in step 1.
- Click on Start and Odin will Flash your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with Android ICS 4.0.3 XWLP7. The end of the flashing process will be observed when your device will restart. Also, in Odin you will receive a ‘Pass’ confirmation.
This was the entire procedure through which you can install XWLP7 Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. If you have questions, you can use the below mentioned comment form.