This article will teach you how to install ClockWorkMod Recovery Console on your HTC One X.
The new ClockWorkMod Recovery Console offers now a touch interface, making it very easy to navigate through its menus. Therefore, you will not have to use the volume keys and the home/ power buttons to select different options. Obviously, it needs to be developed for each smartphone, because there are some differences in the way this console works on some models.
We will show you today how to install the new Touch ClockWorkMod Recovery Console on HTC One X. Even if it is the official release, you need to know that it is still in development stage, so some of the features are missing:
- You will not have the possibility to mount any USB, while your HTC One X is in the recovery mode;
- You will not be able to re-charge your smartphone;
- The ROM manager will not be flashed;
These are not so vital features, therefore we recommend you install the latest Touch ClockWorkMod Recovery Console on your HTC One X and update as soon as the complete official version is ready.
Before starting, we strongly advise you not to apply this tutorial on any other device than HTC One X. This could lead to severe damages to your smartphone.
Also, you should know that we haven’t created this tutorial; therefore we cannot assume any responsibility for its results. Your device could be damaged or its warranty might be lost. Proceed at your own risk.
How To Install Touch ClockWorkMod Recovery Console On HTC One X
1. The first thing you need to accomplish in this tutorial is to unlock its bootloader. Therefore, follow this link and the instructions with which you are provided on that website.
2. Install on your PC the ADB utility: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html
3. The following files need to be downloaded in your computer:
4. The second file that you have downloaded is an archive. Make sure you will uncompress its content and save it in the C drive of your computer. It will automatically create a folder on your drive, called: Fastboot.
5. In the above mentioned folder you need to copy also the first file that you have downloaded in the 3rd step of this tutorial.
6. Shut down your smartphone.
7. Turn it on by holding the Volume Down button the Power key in the same time. You will be provided with several option on the screen, from which you need to select Fastboot mode. In order to make the selection, use the volume keys to navigate and select the Fastboot option using the Power button. After Fastboot mode has been selected, connect your device to the computer.
8. A command prompt window needs to be opened in your Windows PC. In order to accomplish this task, just click the Start menu, and type “cmd” in the search field. Select the command prompt option that will appear.
9. In the above mentioned window, just insert the following line: “fastboot devices”. Then press “Enter”
10. The following lines eed to be entered in the command prompt window:
fastboot flash boot recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-endeavouru.img”
11. Your HTC One X will now be flashed with ClockWorkMod Recovery Console (Touch). After this process ends, the smartphone will be restarted.
12. In order to access the recovery console, upon your phone boot, apply the same commands as described in step 7.
This is the entire process that you have to follow in order to install the Touch ClockWorkMod Recovery Console on your HTC One X.