You will learn here how to install Motorola MOTOBLUR custom launcher on any Android 4.0 ICS device.
One of the greatest advantages that the Android OS offers is the possibility to install a custom launcher which will totally change the default look of your operating system. Therefore, many developers have designed such of applications but not all of them are really good. Some of them work perfect but they are not providing such a great look while others have a beautiful design but a bad way of working.
Motorola MOTBLUR is a custom launcher, developed by the US smartphone producers. And because it looks great and it works in the same way, many other users of devices which are not being produced by this company, have tried to adopt this application. Therefore, today we will show you how to install the Motorola MOTBLUR ICS home launcher on any device which runs on Android OS.
Like most of the good things that happens in the Android community, this custom launcher also has been developed by a member of the XDA Forum. RockoDev has prepared not one but two ICS launchers which are based on MOTOBLUR and can be installed on any Android device.
In order to run these launchers, obviously you have to download and install them on your device, which, by the way, should already be running on Android 4.0 ICS platform. The tutorial is simple and if you will follow it carefully I am sure that you will agree with me. Basicly, all you have to do here is to download the two .apk files which contain the Motorola MOTBLUR ICS custom launcher and install it on your smartphone, using the ADB utility or just by flashing your device with the zip files that you will be downloading.
However, because this process has not been developed by the onebiTzero team, we strongly advise you to backup all your data before proceeding with it. Also, we cannot assume any responsibility if your device gets damaged after applying this tutorial.
How To Install Motorola MOTBLUR ICS Launcher On Any Android 4.0 Device
Method 1: Use the ADB utility:
1. The following links contain the custom ICS MOTOBLUR Launcher that you need to install on your phone:
2. Your smartphone should now be connected to the computer;
3. Install ADB and then ppen a commad prompt in Windows. Insert the following lines:
adb push [name of apk] /system/app”
This should install the .apk files that you have downloaded in the first step of this tutorial.
Method 2: Flash the zip files in order to install Motorola MOTOBLUR on your Android 4.0 smartphone:
1. As described in the previous method, you need to download the following files, which contain the ICS MOTOBLUR custom launcher:
2. The files that you have downloaded need to be transferred on the SD card of your smartphone. Make sure they will be saved in the root of this card.
3. Use ClockWorkMod Recovery console in order to install the files that contain the Motoblur ICS launcher.
4. Restart your Android 4.0 device.
These methods will bring Motorola MOTOBLUR ICS custom launcher on your Android 4.0 (or higher) device. If you have questions on this tutorial, use the comment form below.