This tutorial will teach you how to install CyanogenMod 9 (which is an Android 4.03. ROM flash)on Sony X8, X10 and X10 Mini (Pro).
They might not be the most successful Android smartphones but they don’t deserve to be ignored. I am referring here to Sony Xperia smartphones. We are used to receive tutorials on how to install different custom ROM’s for devices which are delivered by Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola. And that’s just daily business considering the fact that these companies have a better marketshare in the Android sales segment.
However, the guys on XDA forum have thought that Sony Xperia phones should not be totally ignored, even if there are not too much owners of these phones. In fact there is one user of the baove mentioned forum which decided to install CyanogenMod 9 Sony X8 and X10 Mini (Pro).
For those which still don’t know, CyanogenMod 9 is a custom ROM which brings a similar version of the latest Android operating system: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. This custom ROM can be installed successfully on different smartphones which, out of the box, are only capable of running older versions of Android, like Gingerbread or Froyo.
That’s how we have received from paul-xxx, the member of XDA forum, the following tutorial on how to install CyanogenMod 9 on Sony X8 and X10 Mini (Pro).
Before starting this tutorial for installing CyanogenMod 9 you are strongly advised to do a backup on all the data which is stored in your phone (like photos, music, videos, contacts etc.). another thing you should be aware of: your Sony Xperia needs to be rooted in order for CyanogenMod 9 to work on your device. Also your smartphones should first be flashed using the ClockworkMod Recovery.
How To Install Sony X8, X10, X10 Mini (Pro) With CyanogenMod 9 Flash (Android 4.0.3 ICS)
- Fisrt of all, obviously, you have to download the following custom ROM’s, from XDA, according to the device you need to flash with CyanogenMod 9:
When the custom ROM download process has ended, you have to save the archive file on your SD card, inside your phone. Also, notice that the archive containing the CyanogenMod 9 should be placed right in the root of your SD card.
- Your Sony Xperia should now be shut down.
- The ClockworkMod should now be activated. This is being done by applying a key combination on the powered off device. It is different from a phone to another therefore we cannot specify it here. However, we are quite confident that you will obtain it by searching on Google, very easily.
- Even if we advised you before beginning of this tutorial to backup all your data, we strongly recommend now to take a nandroid backup, too. This is accomplished by accessing the ‘backup and restore’ menu in ClockworkMod and selecting the ‘backup’option, too. Use the volume keys for scrolling up and down and the home/ power button to select the options. The backup could take up to 15 minutes, if your data amount which is stored in your phone is very high.
- Enter the ClockworkMod menu and intiate a “wipe data/ factory reset”. Then go to the advanced menu of this utility and select both of the following options: “wipe cache”and “wipe Dalvik cache”
- We will now proceed with the CyanogenMod 9 (Android ICS 4.0.3) install/ flash process on your Sony Xperia. In order to do that head to the main menu and select the install zip from sdcard”. Then tap on “choose zip from sdcard”. The last step here is to select the archive which has been downloaded initially.
- Restart your Sony X8 and X10 Mini (Pro), by selecting this option from the main menu.
The tutorial on how to install/ flash CyanogenMod 9 custom ROM (Android 4.0.3 ICS) on Sony X8 and X10 Mini (Pro) has ended now. Please make sure you follow each steps of this tutorial carefully. If you do that, then you will have on your smartphone a similar version of the latest iteration of the popular operating system. Pleas enote, that being a custom ROM, it will not totally offer the stability of the original one. However, no big issues have been reported until now by those which are already using it.
All the credits for this flash/ installation tutorial for CyanogenMod 9 on Sony X8 and X10 Mini (Pro) go to the XDA community. We don’t assume any of these credits and we also don’t assume any responsibility in case your device will be damaged by this tutorial.
Also we would like to know if everything worked and if you managed to flash your Sony X8 and X10 Mini (Pro) using CyanogenMod 9 (Android ICS 4.0.3 custom ROM).