This tutorial will teach you how to flash your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with Android 4.0.3 ROM (XXLPH)
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 has a new ROM for Android 4.0.3, referenced XXLPH after XXLP6 and XXLPB. The XXLPH is not really a revolution, it maintains the same level as the previous version except improving the life of the battery while optimizing the touch system way of work. The log of changes as presented by SAMMOBILE is:
Build Date: February 9, 2012
Stability : More stable than LPB
Interface : 3D effect of scrolling from one screen to another.
Battery : More independent than previous versions.
Speed : Same level as the LPB
Touch : Not so fluid that the LPB.
Facelock : Same level as the LPB.
Task : Same level as the LPB
The tutorial below brings ICE Cream Sandwich , XXLPH version, on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. It is accompanied of course TouchWiz 4.0.
The interest of this tutorial is to allow you a, with a few clicks, to ensure the flash of Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with Android 4.3.0 XXLPH. I never fail to warn you that the operation poses a risk. Your phone could be damaged if the tutorial is not completely and correctly followed. The same thing can happen with the warranty of your Smartphone. Do not continue unless you know what you do and if you are willing to accept the consequences because our team will be responsible in case the process does not follow its normal course.
Do not forget, before you beginning this process, to make a backup of your data, photos, documents, sync contacts with Gmail and also to copy your 3G settings. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 is charged at least 70% to avoid a shutdown during this process. This could damage your device.
Flashing process result in the loss of applications and different parameters (except those on the SD card, so do not panic), which is why we ask you to backup your data.
Very important! This tutorial is valid only for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. Other versions are not supported and in case you will try to flash them and you can damage your Smartphone.
Tip : Remember that it is possible to return to an official ROM,like Android 2.3.6, if you do not like the performance of this ROM, with one of our tutorials on onebiTzero.
If your Android phone is already rooted, please note that this process will un-root it, so you will have to apply this process again on your device. We will provide a tutorial for this ROM soon.
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 Flash with Android 4.0.3 ROM (XXLPH)
– Download the following package I9100XXLPH.zip [Android 4.0.3-XXLPH Size: 377.8 MB], then unzip the file.
– ODIN3 v1.83 , Flashing Utility
– Uninstall Kies, the Samsung utility, in order to avoid that this application to interrupt the flashing process and then install the Flashing drivers for Galaxy SII I9100 | Windows 32 bit (x86) / Windows 64 bit (x64) .
– Turn off your Galaxy SII i9100 then activate the Download mode (long press on Volume Down + Home + Power on / off buttons).
– ODIN3 v1.83 should be opened in administrator mode; we will use this app in order to flash your Smartphone.
– Connect your Smartphone (Download mode activated) to your PC via USB. ODIN3 v1.83 must recognize your Smartphone. In the first box, the small rectangle turns yellow and down in the box you will have the following messages: “Added” [For i9100 Galaxy SII to be recognized by your computer, you must install the phone drivers]
– Click on Bootloader and browse the same folder as described above and choose: I9100_APBOOT_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
– Click on PDAs, search the file above and choose: I9100_CODE_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
– Click Phone and choose the file: MODEM_I9100XXLPH_REV_02_CL1104396.tar.md5
– Click and choose CSC GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALPH.tar.md5
– Make sure the two boxes below have the following options checked: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time, as it appears from the Screenshot below:
– If everything is as stated above, as shown in the screenshot below, click START
– ODIN will flash Galaxy SII i9100 with the new ROM [XXLPH Android 4.0.3]. When finished, your Smartphone will reboot (the process takes between 3 and 5 min)
– Restarting the Galaxy SII i9100 is a sign that the process has passed; ODIN also displays PASS.
To ensure that you have flashed your Android phone correctly, do this small workaround: Applications> Settings> About phone. You must Have Android 4.0.3 mentioned there.
If you have not managed to flash your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 with Android 4.0.3 ICS ROM (XXXLPH), please let us know what questions you have. We will try to help you with pleasure.