Google offers all users of the Nexus S , the holiday gift season. A beautiful gift, isn’t it? Update of the Nexus S to Ice Cream Sandwich OTA is served from December 16 and can take up to a month to brew all countries.
With such an announcement, I know it’s hard to wait until the update reaches your Nexus S, which is why we did not take long to write a tutorial that explains how to flash a Nexus S with the last update of the Nexus S , Android 4.0.3. And yes, the last one has solved the problem of the volume of the Galaxy Nexus S.
The interest of this tutorial is to allow you to flash your Nexus S with the latest version of Android 4.0.3. I never fail to warn you that the operation poses a risk, the damage to your Smartphone when missteps. Do not continue unless you know what you do and you are ready to accept the consequences because our team will only be liable if the process does not follow its normal course.
Note: Do not forget, before starting this process, make a backup of your data, pictures , documents, sync contacts with Gmail and copy your 3G settings. Make sure your Nexus S is loaded, at least 70% to avoid extinction in the process, something that could damage your equipment.
The tutorial below is valid for the Nexus S , GSM models . If you have a different model in this tutorial is not for you, if not, keep reading below.
- Download the OTA Package directly from the Google server
- Rename the package to”unpack”without update.zip.
- Connect your Nexus S to your PC with a USB cable and copy the file “update.zip” on your SD card. It should be on the Root of the card, not a folder or subfolder. When finished, disconnect your smartphone.
- Turn off your Nexus S mode and restart the bootloader , to do that performs a long press on Volume (+) and Power ON / OFF
- Use the volume keys to navigate through the options, select Recovery with POWER
- Once you are in the BootLoader , Recovery mode, navigate with the keys still in the volume and select ” apply update from sd card ” .
- Browse to your SD card and find the file update.zip””Step 2 and confirm with Power.
- The flash process is thus initiated. It will take about 10 minutes. If everything as specified above, the camera will prompt you to restart your Nexus S , confirm.
This is certainly the finest restart of your Nexus S . Do not forget to share the results and your first impressions in the case of Ice Cream Sandwich.