This tutorial will teach you how to do an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5/ 5.01 (A5 devices: iPhone 4S, iPad 2) with Absinthe.
All the users with A5 devices (iPhone 4S and iPad 2) are waiting for a long time for a solution to do an untethered jailbreak on their devices. Dream Team has finally provided Absinthe which is exactly what the people are waiting for. Unfortunately, the pack is, for the moment, available just for the Mac users, but we are sure that soon a Windows solution will appear.
I am sure that many other Absinthe similar packages will appear now. But, for the moment, let’s see how you can do an untethered jailbreak with this one. Remember, this works only on iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
Untethered Jailbreak on iOS 5/ 5.01, using Absinthe
1. The first thing you have to accomplish is to download Absinthe for iOS 5/ 5.01 from here;
2. Open the application which you have downloaded;
3. Your A5 device (iPhone 4S or iPad2) should now be connected to your computer. Use the USB cable with which you have been provided in the package of your device;
4. The Absinthe app will automatically see your device. Then yit will be possible for you to click on the “jailbreak” button.
5. You should know that the process is not very fast, therefore, you need to remain calm until it finishes. your iPhone 4S/ iPad will look like a restoration process takes place on it.
6. After Absinthe has been installed on your device, you should see its icon on the springboard. Now you just need to open the application.
7. You will lnotice that the a/m address will be accessed and your device will restart.
8. At the end of this entire process, your iOS 5/ 5.01 device will restart and the Cydia shortcut will be placed on the sprigboard, replacing the Absinthe one.
You might encounter one issue while working with Absinthe untethered jailbreak solution. When trying to open the web clip, your device might provide you with the following error: “Error establishing a database connection”. In order to solve this issue you need to access the settings menu on your iOS 5/ 5.01 device and head to the Network tab, open the VPN section and activate it. Another error will be displayed by your device, it will then reboot, but at the end the app will run with no other issues.
We do not assume any responsibility on this untethered jailbreak on iOS 5/ 5.01 devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2). You should now that if something goes wrong or this tutorial is not entirely followed, your divece might suffer severe damages.
Please let us know if the untethered jailbreak of your iPhone 4S/ iPad 2, running on iOS 5/ 5.01 has been accomplished by the Absinthe package. Thank you.