The Galaxy S I9000 has not been forgotten even though Samsung is close to launching the 3rd generation of Galaxy, the Samsung Galaxy S3. Developers from all around the world are still creating awesome custom ROMs for this device and, today, we’re going to talk about the v10 of Gamerz ROM. Please note this is based on official ROM XWJW4 and can be installed only on a rooted, unlocked Galaxy S I9000.
For the ones of you which are already on Gamerz ROM but v9.0 (Ninja), here is change log [Via]:
-Imporived classic GamerzRom look with stock TW icons.
-ADW Launcher changed with Modded blue donut launcher. (It using 7-8mb RAM)!
-Blue themed google search widget. (Touch image corrupted. You can use standart one.)
-New Thunderbolt Scripts 2.7.0 (Thanks to Pikachu01)
-Thunderbolt 3G scripts added.
-LMK scripts updated.
-Scrolling cache tweaks for flying scroll sense.
-New 385MB RAM kernel. (Breaks 720p recording and taking front cam pics. If you need these features go to semaphore kernel thread and choose one for yourself. They costs so much RAM.)
-Google books changed with alkido.
-Google services framework updated.
-Battery icon changed ICS one again.
-New great wallpapers on sdcard.
-Statusbar background is black.
-New CFS config. (Better gaming performance and no micro lags. Totally flying.)
-Added thinkfree office and deleted quickoffice.
-3rd party apps updated.
-1200mhz overclock voltages stabilized.
-Deleted some 3rd party apps because of changes.”
What you need to know and do before downloading and installing the Gamerz ROM v10 on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000:
- note that onebitzero.com will not be held responsible for any damage you might do to your device while and after you install Gamerz ROM v10 on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Installing a new ROM on an Android device requires caution and a certain amount of knowledge, so please continue at your own risk!
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S I9000 to at least 70%, to be on the safe side.
- back-up all relevant data like messages, contacts, multimedia files and internet settings on your device using 3rd party applications and not Kies.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and turn on USB Debugging.
How to install Gamerz ROM v10 on Samsung Galaxy S I9000, step by step tutorial:
- Download Gamerz ROM v10 from here [link]. This is a MediaFire service so wait for 5 seconds and then skip the annoying ad.
- Connect the device to your computer using the stock USB cable.
- Transfer the zip file (GamerzRom v10.0.zip) to the internal memory of the Galaxy S I9000.
- Turn off the device and boot into recovery mode. To boot into recovery mode, hold down Volume Up + Home and then press the Power buttons, all at the same time. If your phone boots in normal mode, repeat the procedure.
- Once in recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”>”Yes”.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”>”choose zip from sdcard”. Now you have to navigate to the file you copied on your internal SD card at step 3 and select it. As usual, in recovery mode, navigate using the Volume keys and select with the Power key.
- One last “Yes” and the process will start. IMPORTANT: While installing the ROM, the phone will boot reboot in recovery mode. Do not panic, this is normal.
- Once the installation process is over, select “go back”>“reboot system now”.