MIUI is a suite of custom ROMs that has enjoyed great success in the Android community and there are many reasons why this has happened. Among others I’d like to underline the following strengths: different look, great reliability and perfect “consumer support” coming from the XDA developers forum. Being Samsung’s flagship for almost a year, the Galaxy S2 I9100 has been in the center of attention and modders have created numerous custom ROMs for this awesome device. Today, in the following article, we will show you how to install the new Asnet MIUI 4 on the Galaxy S2. Before we get to work, please note that this ROM is based on Android ICS 4.0.3 and of course, it is not an official release by the Korean tech giant.
What you need to know and do before downloading and installing the Asnet MIUI 4 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:
- note that onebitzero.com will not be held responsible for any damage you might do to your device while and after you install Asnet MIUI 4 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Installing a new firmware on an Android device requires caution and a certain amount of knowledge, so please continue at your own risk!
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S2 I9100 to 100%, to be on the safe side.
- back-up all relevant data like messages, contacts, multimedia files and internet settings on your device.
- install ClockworkMod Recovery on your smartphone before installing Asner MIUI 4 ROM.
How to install Asnet MIUI 4 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, step by step tutorial:
- the first step is to install Android ICS 4.0 XXLPQ Official Release on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Go to the developer’s page and download the latest version of the Asnet MIUI 4 firmware.
- Connect the device to your computer using the stock USB cable.
- Transfer the zip file to the internal memory of the Galaxy S2.
- Turn off the device and boot into Clockworkmod recovery. To boot into CWM, press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time. If your phone boots in normal mode, repeat the procedure.
- Once in CWM recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset”>”Yes”.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”>”choose zip from sdcard”. Now you have to navigate to the file you copied on your internal SD card at step 4 and select it. As usual, in recovery mode, navigate using the Volume keys and select with the Power key.
- One last “Yes” and the process will start.
- IMPORTANT: While installing the ROM, the phone will boot reboot in recovery mode. Do not panic, this is normal.
- Once the installation process is over, select “go back”>“reboot system now”.