The Sprint version of the Galaxy S2, the Epic 4G Touch, has been in the center of attention for a while now, as it has seen numerous ICS 4.0 ROMs leaks in a short period of time. The XDA developers community has been on the case and modders have always tried to take these “raw” firmwares and make them as simple to install as possible. This is the case of the latest leak, FD16, which has been modified by user agat63, and, in the following step by step tutorial we will show you how to install Android 4.0.3 ICS on Epic 4G Touch using ClockworkMod recovery. Before continuing, please note that this is obviously not an official release by Samsung, that you can install via Kies.
What you need to know and do before downloading and installing Android 4.0.3 ICS on Epic 4G Touch (FD16):
- note that onebitzero.com will not be held responsible for any damage you might do to your device while and after you install Android 4.0.3 ICS on Epic 4G Touch. Installing a new ROM on an Android device requires caution and a certain amount of knowledge, so please continue at your own risk!
- charge the battery of your Epic 4G Touch to 100%, to be on the safe side.
- back-up all relevant data like messages, contacts, multimedia files and internet settings on your device.
- install ClockworkMod Recovery on your smartphone before installing this version of Android 4.0.3 ICS.
How to install Android 4.0.3 ICS on Epic 4G Touch (FD16), step by step tutorial:
- Head up to this link and download the latest version of the custom Android 4.0.3 ICS named FD16_Stock_Rooted_deodexed.zip.
- Connect the device to your computer using the stock USB cable.
- Transfer the zip file to the internal memory of the Epic 4G Touch.
- Turn off the device and reboot into Clockworkmod recovery. If your phone boots in normal mode, repeat the procedure.
- [Optional] Do a Nandroid Backup or use any other application to perform a back-up of your current ROM.
- Now, once in CWM recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset”>”Yes”.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”>”choose zip from sdcard”. Now you have to navigate to the file you copied on your internal SD card at step 3 and select it. As usual, in recovery mode, navigate using the Volume keys and select with the Power key.
- Select “Yes” and the process will start.
- IMPORTANT: While installing the ROM, the phone will boot reboot in recovery mode. Don’t worry, this is normal.
- Once the installation process is over, select “go back”>“reboot system now”.